Most agricultural economics teachers spend a considerable amount of time teaching elasticities. Students like examples, and they like those examples to be real. In a recent Economics Letters article (see Price Elasticities of Demand are Minus One-Half), Kenneth Clements provides an interesting table and figure of elasticities, shown below.
- ► 2009 (71)
- Returns to Double Majors
- Elasticities for Teaching
- Some Love to Learn
- Happiness and Careers
- Teaching Happiness
- Dealing With Failure
- Antitrust and Special Interests
- Teaching Insights From the Military
- What Salary Should I Expect?
- Good Ole Price Controls!
- Keeping Students Awake: Videos and Music
- Don't take economics seriously
- Becoming a Great Teacher: Part 1
- ▼ July (13)