Introductory economics courses typically discuss the functions of money. When discussing the fact that currency serves as a medium of exchange, it is common for instructors to mention the fact that cigarettes are often the currency of choice in prisons.
Not anymore: cigarettes have been replaced by Mackerel. Yes, the fish. Read more here at Carpe Diem.
- ► 2009 (71)
- Becoming a Great Teacher: Part 7
- Vote for Bailey - Best Professor!
- Twelve Questions to Measure Student Engagement
- Prison Currency
- Explaining the Financial Meltdown
- An Alternative to Textbooks
- Price as a Quality Signal
- Guest Blog: One Question All Interviewees Should Ask
- So far so good
- Giving Students the Exam
- ▼ October (10)