I love blogs. They allow me to see what the great minds are thinking, and consequently, makes me a better economist. It appears blogs are becoming a legitimate and prestigious means of academic publishing. Tyler Cowen's book, Discover Your Inner Economist, like many books, tries to make the author appear to be one of the leading thinkers of the day. This is how they describe Tyler on the first page of the book.
TYLER COWEN is a professor of economics at George Mason University. His is a prominent blogger at marginalrevolution.com, the world's leading economics blog....
At no place do they mention Cowen's journal articles.
- ► 2009 (71)
- I told you the money supply doubled!
- The Money Supply Has Doubled!
- Thoughts on Austrian Economics
- Michael Pollan Stars in Atlas Shrugged
- Unintended Consequences
- Saving for Retirement
- Put your money under the mattress
- Wealth of Nations: Part 1
- Can Obama Create Jobs?
- Understanding Exchange Rates
- Worst Intro Ever
- Best Economic Quote Ever
- I have this friend, who...
- New Era of Ag Econ
- Finance and the Macro
- We are finally saving more money
- The Importance of California for Animal Rights Mov...
- Pilgrim Socialism
- I Hate Aggregate Supply / Demand
- Blog Medley
- What OK College Kids Listen To
- Making Fun of Students
- Smoke'em if you got'em
- Blogs are awesome, and prestigious
- Unemployment During the Great Depression
- ▼ December (25)