Being likeable is not exactly the same as possessing a high degree of character, but there are some similarities. We typically do not like people of low moral character. People like others who are kind, and kindness is certainly a part of having character.
The Prometheus Institute wrote an interesting piece titled Five Tips to Increase Your Likeability. I like it. You may like it to, perhaps enough to share with your students!
- ► 2009 (71)
- 2 interesting links...
- A Student's Guide to College
- Writing and Presentation Tips
- Outsourcing Again
- Suggested Lesson Plan: Outsourcing
- Standing Out at Career Fairs
- Teaching Character: Part 2
- Becoming a Great Teacher: Part 6
- Becoming a Great Teacher: Part 5
- Explaining Government Bailouts
- Teaching Character: Part 1
- You never know...
- Pay Peanuts and Get Monkeys
- Robert Ellis on Writing
- Acclaim From Former Student
- Becoming a Great Teacher: Part 4
- ▼ September (16)