Thursday, December 15, 2011

Lit agents are ridiculous

This is what an independent author (novelist) wrote me today.

"I've been through the grueling process of being rejected by over a hundred agents, going to writers’ conferences to meet them, sending them material, etc. Even after my book won two national literary awards and after I got the great testimonials, I hit the agents again, but they still wouldn’t give me the time of day. It’s so depressing. I’m sorry, I have no connections or success to share with you there. All I can say is that Amazon and Kindle are the independent publisher’s greatest friend"

One thing I have noticed is that independent authors establish "publishing companies" which sell only their books, so that on paper they appear to have book contracts.

Blog Archive