Simple. Be twice as productive and four times as nice as your colleagues.—James Q. Wilson answering Arthur C. Brook’s question of how an open conservative should operate within a liberal academia.
- It is hard to feel special as a person in a univer...
- (IP) Why you should never try to pick stocks
- The Meaning of Life and It's Determinants
- The desire for philosopher-kings
- Great Intelligence Squared Debate About U.S. and C...
- More writers than readers
- How much education is optimal?
- The Essence of Anarchy
- Have you noticed?
- How science really works
- Independent Thinking, Helped
- Quote regarding alienated labor
- The Consequence of Karl Marx
- I just can't let this go...
- The Journal of Personality and Social Psychology i...
- College students don't learn anything
- Two contrasting views on property
- Plato's remarks about fiction
- I recommend watching "Fall of the Eagles"
- Excerpt from book review about economic growth
- Revising Plato's Ship
- Quote about Ph.D's and writing
- Lines from movie: Catherine the Great
- Two instances of altruism
- Why we coerce
- The Role of Activists and Information
- This guy doesn't understand prophecy (or, maybe I ...
- Meaning of Life: Hindu Perspective
- The March of Science
- What is intellectual progress (Cahoone quote)?
- What is philosophy (Cahoone quote)?
- The Meaning of Life (Prelude to thirty-six lecture...
- My Final Thoughts on Modern Philosophy
- Things People Never Say
- My place in the cosmos
- A Leap of Scientific Belief
- How Science Works, according to Thomas Kuhn...
- I do not accept the alternative, but I reject the ...
- Epistemic Holism
- Napoleon Bonaparte Quotes
- Conservatives in the Academia
- Importance of the Divine (and Stories) in Battle
- Ancient Seeds and Seed Banks
- Money and Happiness
- Fraud in Science
- The invention of logarithms
- The Death of Philosophy
- defending defending Bailey fffLLL
- testing testing Bailely testing
- Tips for Economic Arguments (Tip 1)
- ▼ March (53)
- ► 2009 (71)